Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend 2008

I know, we don't get a weekend, but we should. In fact, I think you should accrue Mother's Day treatment like a paying job.

Let's say for example you get one week for every child you have. Then you get additional weeks for years of service. Let's say for every five years of service per kid you get an additional week. Sounds reasonable right?

Well, nevertheless, every day is Mother's Day when you are a mother. I can't believe that I have been blessed with two of the most wonderful boys. They can be the sweetest, kindest, most loving boys a Mom could request. They are my greatest accomplishment.

For my two boys, I didn't give them the gift of life - life gave me the gift of them. You see everyday I can't believe that these boys were not created in my body - they were created in my heart. I didn't think it was possible to love two children so unconditionally. No matter how upset I get when they are fighting, not listening, argumentative, and all of the everyday things they do to drive me crazy - every night I kiss them good night and pray to God that I have been giving the opportunity to walk with them down the path of life. Then, I pray to God to give me the guidance (and patience) that I am doing the right things is raising two wonderful, respectful, honest, loving boys.

I think that I am on the right path by the handmade gifts from Matthew and Samuel. Matthew presented me with a crown of flowers, a portrait, and a picture of us together. Sam made me a beautiful flower and his hand prints in the shape of a heart.

I hope that all the Mother's out there feel as special as I do - EVERYDAY!!!!

No comments: