Monday, December 15, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Well, the decorating has been done for a while, but the pictures are a different story. Here they finally are....
Our new purchase this year...a pre-lit 9' tree. We have been using a hand-me-down for about 6 years. Last year we thought for sure by the end of the season it would be flat on the ground. It made it, but we splurged this year and got a new one. It is great, there is plenty of room for the ornaments. However, most of the ornaments are near the bottom to about 3 1/2 feet up - the highest the boys could reach!
This is our section above the TV. It is one of my favorite spots because it has the matruskya dolls we got in Russia when we adopted Matthew.
These are my sticky reindeer & the boys picture with Santa. There is also a new addition of snow this year. Amazingly the boys have played with it very little. (Maybe it was the threat of cancelling Christmas if I found it all over the house.) Either way, it has stayed put.


The entryway with a special handmade Christmas skirt by Grandma Wagner. (Really, did she ever expect me to really put it under a tree & cover it with presents?)

This is something I did when I had left over garland and some balls. I know, I'm starting to tip over the edge.
Dept. 56 Village. Oh yea, more snow. I have found the snow on the top of the houses here, sprinkled with the help of Matt & Sam.



This is by far my favorite Christmas item....a wood carved nativity from Russia when got when we adopted him.

Stockings hung with care. Sam is the only one with a store bought stocking. I am diligently working on it (and have been for the past 2 years) so hopefully it will be done by the end of the season.

Our Elf on the Shelf, Chris.

Sam & Matthew's impersonation of Chris the Elf.

No comments: