Saturday, August 23, 2008

How to drive your Momma crazy in 1500 pieces!

One of the places we HAD to visit when we were at The Mall of America was the Lego store. The boys weer told they could pick out two sets of Lego's. Well, of course, there is nothing there that the boys want in their age category so I was on deck to put them together with their help (or so I thought)!
First we started with Matthew's Star Wars ship. This is what it looked like when we started.


This is what it looked like 6 hours later. Now I'm pretty good at putting things together. But with all the help that I was getting from a 6 and 4 year old. It took much, much, much longer than expected & it was finally done by the time Matthew had to go to bed.


Now the next day, I got a little smarter. I waited until the boys were in bed to start Sam's Indiana Jones set. I started at about 9pm. At 10:30pm, Kurt was kind enough to ask me if I wanted his help, I politely declined stating the fact that when it comes apart, I'm going to be the one here that will have to put it together when it comes apart. This was the final product...


And this is the time I finished....


Remember that is 12:19 PM!!!!!! And if you wonder how long they looked like that.....about 2 days! Now they are all in a box, all apart, waiting for me to get a pot of coffee brewing and a Valium!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: